WACO, TX. - The ASA Miami women's tennis team earned first round byes in eight-of-nine flights at the 2018 NJCAA National Tournament. Lisa Khamassi was the only first round match on Sunday morning for the Silver Storm. Khamassi took down Sjana Henderson 6-0, 6-1 from Lake County.
The second round started on Monday morning, with singles play beginning at 9:00 A.M. (CT) and doubles play later in the afternoon. ASA advanced all nine flights - singles and doubles - into the quarterfinals without dropping a set. The official results and standings have not been posted yet by the NJCAA, but it will most likely be a three team tie for first place after today. Once the standings are official we will update. ASA Miami, Tyler Junior College and Hillsborough Community College still have all nine flights playing in the quarterfinals.
The quarterfinal round will begin tomorrow morning at 9:00 A.M. (CT). Check twitter @ASASilverStorm for updates throughout the tournament.
Singles Second Round
- | Lisa Khamassi defeats Juliette Mary (Eastern Arizona) 6-4, 6-4.
- | Kyra Akinnibi defeats Clara Desbiolles (Eastern Arizona) 6-1, 6-3.
- | Claudia Barboza defeats Vinda Teally (New Mexico Military Institute) 6-2, 6-3.
- | Sarah Wardenburg defeats Kely Oliveira (Laredo CC) 6-1, 6-1.
- | Vanessa Cozamanis defeats Katherine Mitchell (Meridian CC) 6-1, 6-0.
- | Andrea Sandoval defeats Taylor Busby (Seminole State) 6-0, 6-0.
Doubles Second Round
- | Khamassi/Wardenburg defeat Ennis/Wilson (Wallace State CC) 6-1, 6-0.
- | Akkinibi/Barboza defeats Albro/Turner (Collin County) 6-1, 6-1.
- | Sandoval/Cozamanis defeats Cran/Parker (Jones County) 6-0, 6-0.