2018 Shark Invitational
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Miramar, Fla. | Ansin Sports Complex
On a beautiful day at the Ansin Sports Complex, ASA Miami had 20 individuals finish in the top three in different events. The men's 4x100m relay team qualified for the 2018 NJCAA Championships with a time of 41.05. The team consists of Marvin Williams (Kingston, Jamaica/Steths HS), Cameron Oliver (Nassau, Bahamas/C.V. Bethel HS), Ronique Todman (Tortola, British Virgin Islands/Elmore Stoutt) and Twayne Crooks. Marvin Williams also qualified nationally in the 110m hurdles (14.56).
WHAT HAPPENED | WOMEN'S SIDE
- Takira Brown (Davie, FL/Grace & Faith International HS) finished first overall in the 100 meters with a time of 12.82 and fellow teammate, Shericka Treco (North Andros, Bahamas/Huntley Christie HS) finished fourth (13.50).
- Sylvia Freeman (Fayetteville, GA/Fayette County HS) had a nice day on the track. Freeman finished first in the 200 meters (25.66) while Treco finished third (27.16). Freeman also took second place in the 400 meters sprint with a time of 58.30.
- Antonella Creazzola (Barquisimeto, Venezuela/U.E Colegio San Pedro) came in third place in the shot put with a throw of 10.20 meters.
- In the discuss throw, Dekoya Hodge (British Virgin Islands/Shiloh HS) finished fourth (27.56m) and Creazzola finished sixth (23.49m).
WHAT HAPPENED | MEN'S SIDE
- Ibsen Marcial (North Port, FL/Northport HS) led the way in all three jumping competitions. Marcial finished first in the high jump (1.95m), long jump (6.70m) and triple jump (13.78m).
- Ronique Todman (48.64) and Ricardo Russell (50.41) finished second and third respectively in the 400m sprint.
- Jaleel Francis (Spanish Town, Jamaica/Jose Marti Technical HS) finished second in the 100m sprint in a very tightly contested finish. Francis put up a season-high time of 11.29.
- Shiloh Seymour (Freeport, Bahamas/St. Thomas Aquinas HS) took home first place in the 800m sprint with a time of 1:58.57.
- Brandon Schultz finished first in the 400m hurdles with a time of 57.72.