LEESBURG, FL. - The Silver Storm went into Leesburg, Florida focused on winning the three-game series against Lake Sumter. ASA is coming back home with a series sweep and have now won seven-of-their-last-nine.
During game one of the series on Saturday, ASA had to scratch and claw their way back from a 6-3 deficit against the Lake Hawks. ASA put together a five run inning in the seventh highlighted by a two-run, pinch-hit single by Gianny Galvez that would give ASA the lead. Head coach Jonathan Hernandez hasn't lost faith in Galvez who came into the weekend with a batting average below .200. "Gianny is always ready when his number is called." Hernandez said. "We want to reward kids who listen and execute the game plan our staff has put together. Gianny was a perfect example of that this weekend." Galvez went 4/8 this weekend with a home run and four RBI. Wilfran Hernandez earned the win for ASA in relief and Conor Kelly picked up the save.
Games two and three of the series were a little easier than game one. ASA outscored Lake Sumter 24-8 in those games. The Silver Storm were led by Peter Baldrich, who had himself a weekend with seven hits and seven RBI in the series. Mario Lopez earned the win for ASA in game two in four innings of work, while Tommy Hernandez threw five shutout innings against the Lake Hawks in game three and earned his second win of the season.
- Peter Baldrich is now hitting .493 on the season with one home run and 19 RBI.
- After his start in game three, Tommy Hernandez has now thrown 11 innings without allowing a run.
- Alex Rodriguez hit his fifth home run of the season in game three. He leads the team in that department.
- Brandon Paez has recorded multiple hits in a game for four-straight games.
- Luis Chavez has hit safely in nine-of-the-last-thirteen games.
NEXT UP | ASA will head to Melbourne, Florida on Tuesday, March 6th. First pitch is set for 6:00 p.m.